Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tuesday Rant

This rain is really getting to me. It's awful! Like everyone, I have better days when my hair isnt a huge frizz ball, my make up isnt running, and the bottom of my pants arent soaked. My prenatal massage today helped a bit. Liam got it for me for my birthday. It was much needed. My god mothers daughter did it which was nice because we talked for the whole hour. Unfortunetly I dont have many girlfriends left to chat with and the few that I have I barely see. Thats one thing im super excited for. This baby means a new start. Im excited to meet moms at the park and have new relationships with people in the same boat as me.

(For those of you that dont know much about my husband) He was in NYPD for 13 years. In 2006 he took the Suffolk test. In order to get a call back you need to get higher than a 97. He ofcourse did, because hes super smart. They called him a few months ago and offered him a spot. This was right when I met him. He took it and im so glad he did. Besides Suffolk being the highest paying cops, its much closer to home than the city. The only down side is he had to do the academy. For the past few months he has been going Mon-Fri. He leaves 6:45am and gets home by 5. Like a normal work week. What he does is so "taxing" as he says. The past week and up until he graduates hes in EMT training. Its a 6 month course, rapped into three weeks. He literally gets home at 5 and is at library by 530, comes home at 9, studies till 1130 and wakes up at 5 to study before he leaves. He works so hard!! I try not to get annoyed because I know hes doing it to support us, but I miss him. We've been married only a short few months and we dont see eachother much. Its a bummer! He knows its hard on me and he does everything to make me happy. I love the weekends because that means we get to spend time together. Im counting the days till June 10th when he graduates!! So excited!! Im glad I worked with Harley and now he is able to roam the house. Its nice to have a cute little puggle looking up at me and following my every move. Although I would do anything for lola girl to be here.

Married life is awesome and I love Liam. Its just a huge adjustment. I have to clean, do laundry, cook dinner (although he helps in all these departments) I like to do it myself because I feel its the least I can do. Im use to having my mommy do everything for me. I never thought at age 22 I would be doing these things. I guess sometimes life takes you in places you dont imagine. This is a good life. Better than I ever thought. I always worried I would go guy to guy and never settle. Im sure happy I did!!!!

Good news! Bedroom complete! Living room complete! Baby room complete! Hallway complete! Stairs complete! Kitchen complete! Bathroom being started next month. I will upload pictures in next post.

Time to cook before Liam gets home. Pork, baked potatoes, and a vegetable.


My two favorite guys

4 comments:

  1. can't wait to see the pictures of everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin,
    Girl we have ALOT in common! I met the hubs when I was 23 and he is 10 years older than me! I too didn't think I would get married at 24 but I did and it has been nothing short of amazing! I met my best friend/soulmate sounds cliche but I did! I remember when he moved into my townhome when we got engaged (we lived together a bit before we married) my mom surely wasn't a fan of that at all LOL...anywho I remember thinking OMG I am used to my mom doing all of this I don't know how to cook, do laundry and um how do you clean LOL...luckily early on the hubs fired me from laundry after a few mishaps with his Ralph Lauren shirts and I have never been happier that I don't have to do laundry again LOL...the cooking part I picked up pretty easily as the cleaning which I don't like so much lol but you will get into a routine! THat is awesome your hubs is a cop and was in the NYPD was he at ground zero when the twin towers were attacked?
    Nothing worse than getting you in a bad mood than a raining, frizzy hair miserable day LOL, here's to a sunny one tommorrow and yay that the nursey is complete! Did you go with yellows or did you do a gender neutural themed room? Hang in there girl your hubs will be graduated before you know it!

    xoxo
    Sums

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer sent me over. Welcome to Blogville and congrats on the marriage and pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower :) summer sent me. I hope you find as much love as I did in blogging! Welcome to the blogosphere :)

    ReplyDelete