Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Could it be?!? Oh yes, it is!


I didnt want to say anything to anyone just incase I was wrong. Yesterday morning I was laying in bed and I felt something. I thought this cant really be the baby kicking can it?!? Before yesterday I only felt the baby kick once. This time I was able to see my belly move and I could feel it. Not just the flutter in my belly but I could literally feel his/her little hands or feet. Everyday im paranoid that I will loose the baby and now that im already 23 weeks and wasnt feeling anything it made me crazy! I know some dont feel till later on but I really needed that reassurance. Last night I was laying in bed and the baby was kicking a lot. I didnt want to tell Liam incase when he put his hands to my belly the baby stopped. After 20 minutes I finally gave in. I said Liam! Liam! The baby is  kicking I swear! Put your hand here. We both felt the kick and I was soooooooo happy! I was happy he was able to feel it also.

Now this feels real. Nothing has really sunk in yet. Marriage. Baby. I think because im still in shock.

Well, thats my exciting news for today. Im sure it will get me through ANOTHER rainy day here on Long Island!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm coming over from Summer's blog and I understand how exciting it is when you feel those first kicks! I'm 32 weeks pregnant and I can tell you that the kicks get harder and more frequent and it's TONS of fun to watch your belly move all over the place :) Of course, our little guy is seriously running out of room in my stomach so it's beginning to hurt when he kicks, but it will all be worth it soon:)

    I hope you enjoy blogging and if you want you can stop by our blog :) (thehenings.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome you felt the baby kick! What an awesome feeling! Girl I was the same way when I was preggers with Kelcee I would worry if I didn't feel her enough, etc, etc, and when you get further along the OB will have you chart movements I think for our sanity LOL...it helped me alot! That is awesom Liam got to feel it to girl wait until those kicks feel like jabs and although they are the best feeling emotionally ever they do tend to hurt LOL...Kelcee had her foot in my rib cage during Gregs company picnic and everyone got tickled for you could see it through my top yeah it hurt like bad LOL...oh and you are so welcome girl....anyone who is a friend or related to Kim is a friend of mine :)

    xoxo
    Sums

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Erin,
    I too came over from Summer's blog. How exciting being able to feel the first kicks of your sweet baby! My kids are 18 and 15 but I remember well the feeling of the first kicks and how excited I was. Congrats! One thing I remember and loved so much was I would be out in a public place and baby would be moving and kicking and nobody else knew but me! I would start smiling and would feel so special. What a wonderful gift God gave moms, such a special bonding.

    Looking forward to reading more. :)

    Blessings,
    <><

    ReplyDelete