Friday, June 17, 2011

Four hours spent in the DMV and our brand new fridge painted to the wall

Judging from the title of this post, you can tell it hasn't been a good week. If you dont like to listen to people complain, stop here.

Let's start with Tuesday. After spending the weekend at Liams grandpas wake/funeral, on Tuesday I went to my great uncles funeral. I figured I had nothing to do I would take a drive to Staten Island with my mom. I did not realize it was an all day affair. We left at 8am and got home at 5pm. Now this week Liam is working nights so I decided to pick up the puppy and go to Amityville. That was a fail. My dog  (which lives at my parents) and Harley did not get along too good. They had to stay on leashes and we had to hold them away from eachother. We lasted two hours and than mom drove us back home. It's lonely for me the nights Liam works. I tend to go on facebook and read peoples posts about how they are going out etc. Makes me think im missing out. I know im so lucky to have a great husband etc, but sometimes I miss being 22 years old when my biggest problem was what to wear on Friday night. Now im always worried about contractors, painters, food shopping, laundry, dinner, etc.

Wednesday I had a doctors appointment at 1. So I went to my parents house earlier to shower. (Did I mention, this week the bathroom was gutted so no shower, toliet) We got to the doctors at 12:59 and I thought okay it doesnt look too busy we will be in and out. 2:30 came and we were still waiting! Finally by 4pm sonograms were done and we had spoken to the doctor. Now I dont understand, whats the point in making an appointment when you are seen two hours later. I had to pick my sister up from the airport at 5:30 which is in the city and ofcourse, rush hour!! My mom was nice enough to drive so I was the passenger. She wasnt suppose to come but she knew I was tired and aggravated from the doctors. Inbetween that I had to stop and my house to walk Harley who was alone since the morning. Poor boy. Lucky us, we didnt hit traffic. Mom and Lauren dropped me off at 7pm and thats when I lost it. I started texting my friend asking her how im going to do all this. How am I going to clean, do laundry, cook dinner, have a baby, have a puppy, etc. Im only 22 years old, im not ready!

Thursday I had to be at babysitting 7am. I dont mind being places at 7am but its about a 30 minute drive so I have to leave really early and at this stage in my pregnancy, its a struggle! I didnt have a great day with the kids. We attempted to go to splash park to find out they arent open until the end of June. Than I had to deal with a sad 3 year old. So we attempted the park, and ofcourse NO KIDS were there. So once again, a sad 3 year old. I usually leave at 330 and at 430 I texted the dad asking where he was. He forgot to tell me he was working late and wouldnt be home till about 6. I wouldnt have minded but I promised Hannah I would go to her kindergarten graduation BBQ at 5. Once again, I fail. I figured it would save time if I drove to where the kids dad works so thats what I did. I had to wake up a 1 year old that had just fallen asleep and load the kids in the car. by the time I got to his job it was 530. I was freaking. I had to run home to let Harley out who had been by himself all day and walk him. Than I drove back to Amityville to see Hannah. I was lucky and got to stay for an hour before it started raining. Back in the car I go! I had to get Harley who was left outside in the rain. (Did I mention, Harley was at Liams dads house who is away in Ireland) I went back and got Harley, walked him, loaded all his stuff in the car and headed back to my house. Harley was hyper in the car and completly ruined my leather in the front seat. I lost it again. I had laundry to do when I got home, no bathroom, a hyper puppy, and im exhausted from being up since 530. I called my mom and had a melt down. Crying made me feel a lot better.

Friday I woke up thinking, todays got to be better than yesterday! WRONG! Liam and I spent literally 4 hours in the DMV. We were both so frustrated and hungry. We went twice and both times didnt have what we needed. Once we had to drive to the hospital my mom works at to have her sign something. The second time we had to go to the insurance company to switch me over to Liams insurance. Finally after four hours and three trips, it was all straightened out. We got a phone call while we were doing all this from the contractor. Major pipe in bathroom leaking, we need plumber. Okay, we just spend thousands and thousands on the house and now we have to call in a plumber which is a fortune! We drive home to find out that our painter decided it would be smart to put the fridge back in place after he painted. Only, he didnt wait for the paint to try so our brand new fridge was painted to the wall. Great!

So while most 22 year olds are worried about what they are doing on Friday night im living in three different places because we dont have a bathroom, cooking dinner, dealing with contractors/painters, doing laundry, switching insurances, etc!

Im lucky I have a great husband, live in a house that is decorated to my style, live in a nice neighborhood........................but at the same time, im 22 years old. I miss being able to just pick up and go out. Well, meatloaf is in the oven, time to pack our bags to sleep at Liams dads house and pack Harleys crate, leashes, food etc.

Happy Friday :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Erin,
    O, we all have days, weeks and months like this. :( I am sorry your week was so rough. Funny how life gets in the way of fun sometimes.

    Will be praying you have a relaxing weekend and next week is better. You know, you can blame this on hormone issues. My husband use to call it baby brain.

    Blessings,
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor thing, what an awful week! I hope the coming week will be much better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no :( I'm so sorry you've had such an awful week! Hopefully things will pick back up and this week will be much better-after all-you had all the bad stuff last week :) Maybe you'll even get your bathroom back this week? Here's hoping & praying that everything turns around SOON for you :)

    ReplyDelete