Monday, June 13, 2011

Weekend Recap

This was a hectic weekend for us. Not only for us but for my poor feet! My god, I wore heels all day Fri and all day Saturday. Thats a lot for someone six months pregnant! This weekend was a special weekend for Liam. Although it didn't go as planned I believe he had a good graduation and I know he had a great time at the party Saturday night!

Friday-Was the big graduation! Let me just say, I was so so so very proud of Liam on Friday. although he's been thru all this training before, he worked so incredibly hard and it paid off! He got the position he wanted. Out of everyone, he deserves it the most. The graduation ceremony was really nice. I was happy because I was able to spot him out. I sat with my mom dad and Liams dads wife, Kathleen. Liams dad gave him his certificate. I was thrilled because I was allowed to run up to the front and take a picture. After the graduation we got lunch at the Diner quickly and than had to head to the bronx for his grandfathers wake. It was from 3-8. Sadly, towards the end of the wake his aunt had a seizure and was rushed to the ER. She is still there for testing, so say a prayer!

Saturday-We got bagels in the morning and headed back to the Bronx for the funeral. I did good at the wake but lost it at the funeral. It reminded me of being at my grandma/grandpas funeral. No funeral is ever happy. He lived to be 88 years old, that is amazing! I was honored to have been asked to carry up the gifts. It's so nice to be part of such a great family. After the funeral, there was a big big group of us that went out to lunch. WOW there was a lot of food! Ofcourse I didn't like any of it so I had a piece of pizza and some olives. We got back at 430 and at 530 we were out the door for the second function. The Academy gave them a really nice graduation party at a catering hall. It was absolutly beautiful! I had a good time but my feet were killing me and I was so tired. We had been going since 7am. It was nice to see Liam relaxed and having a good time. It's been a rough 7 months for him. (Unfortunetly I didnt take any pictures Saturday night. Ofcourse, the only time since I got pregnant I thought/felt great!)

Sunday-We were able to relax for most of the day. Liam mowed the lawn and let me sleep. I had a really bad headache. Finally around 1pm I got out of bed, showered and went food shopping. At 5pm we met up with our parents for dinner. Liams sister also went with her husband and the cutest twin boys ever! We went back to the place we got married at. It was yummy! Needless to say, we were in bed by 10pm! It was wonderful!

Today Liam starts his first day as a Suffolk Police Officer. I am so proud of him!! Im going to miss him. This week he works 3-11pm. So when he gets home ill be asleep. This weekend really made me realize how lucky I am to have Liam. He does everything for us!

On a side note: In 100 days I get to meet the baby! They say a mother always knows what shes having. To be honest, I havent a clue! All i know is he/she will be a soccer player because he/she is restless!!!!

Heres some pictures from the graduation on Friday:

They did an awesome job!


The graduating class. 32,000 people take this test. 97 lucky ones were picked.


Liam and his dad

Proud wife!


Us with Liams dad and his wife


Us with my parents.


Congrats Liam. I am so proud of you and love you to the moon and back.


4 comments:

  1. PHEW! I got tired just reading about your weekend-I can't even imagine how tired you must be today! But I also know that you are very proud of your hubby :)

    I will definitely be saying an extra prayer for his aunt-that's a lot of sadness in one weekend.

    Also, you look adorable in that dress! I love the bright colors! And trust me (even though I'm not at the end yet!) 100 days will FLY by...I swear it was just last week that I *finally* (as I said then!) hit the double-digit (99 days!) countdown! And now our little guy can come anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful but tiring weekend. So much happening; high heals and 6 mths preggos, way to go! Epsom salt foot bath I believe would feel great.

    What a beautiful family you have. Hard work always pays off.

    <><

    ReplyDelete
  3. he/she is restless like you! LOL
    Congratulations to Liam and to you too! I know he wouldn't have done so well without you by his side! 100 days? that's it! did you finish registering yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to Liam!

    So sorry about Liam's grandfather and aunt. I hope that his aunt will be ok.

    ReplyDelete